Weddings & Baptism
Weddings at St. Edmund's
If you wish to get married at St. Edmunds and live in the parish then please get in contact with the vicar, who would love to help you to work through the planning for your wedding.
There is an excellent resource available online from the Church of England online which works through every stage of a church
wedding. It can be found at http://www.yourchurchwedding.org
You can marry in a Church of England church if you live in the parish or are on the electoral roll of the church OR if you can show:-
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period
of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least
6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish church
If you've been married before, and are wishing to do so again please contact the vicar. You may still be able to be married in church,
but there are a number of things that need to be discussed prior to that decision.
Once a date has been booked, then the vicar will meet with you to discuss the vows, readings and all the other aspects of the service
The vicar will also talk you through the meaning of Christian marriage and help with the preparations for the big day.
We would love to see you at the church with Baptism enquiries or kindly speak to our Pastoral Assistant: Debbie Pugh 01895 635936 for any further assistance.